I remember the first time I realized I was in a strange and wonderful land was when I was sitting in the Elementary school office listening to Christian music play. It was music to my ears! ;) I was overwhelmed over how giving and loving our church body was, they showered us with gifts that first Christmas, it was something that was so rare and foreign to me that I could hardly contain my amazement.
I loved hearing our sweet congregation sing old hymns and then spend time in Fellowship downstairs between services. There is such a laid back country feel to our small town church that I will always fondly remember. Rows of cowboy hats, potlucks, and fields of wheat as far as the eye can see. I loved sitting on my porch enjoying the spring air and new budded blooms from my potted plants.
Long drives to Pratt to eat at our favorite Chinese place and walks around Wal-Mart was a special treat being it was 30 minutes away. Getting to watch my boys overcome their fear of the great outdoors and take part in some of my most cherished childhood memories, including: bike rides with friends around the neighborhood, swimming in the summer, jumping on the trampoline and setting off fireworks on the 4th of July.
I will always be thankful for our amazing School and Teachers who loved and cared for Aiden and helped bring him so far. I know God placed each one of his teachers, therapists and Paras there just for him and I am eternally grateful for all they have done.
I'm so thankful for the amazing ministry that we were privileged to be apart of and each of the youth we got to know over the years. We continue to love and pray for you all and look forward to hearing all about what God does in each of your lives.
I am so thankful for all the lessons I have learned from the hardworking Wives and Moms and will continue to strive to become more like them. I loved their passion for their families and how they never missed a sports game. I will always remember those who served in our church week in and week out who may never get thanked, but God see's and we are so thankful for your faithfulness and dedication. We learned so much and are thankful to have served along side such wonderful people.
I will miss how everything becomes so lush and green after the rain, and getting to see animals roaming free grazing amongst the red Gyp Hills. I will miss driving through our town exchanging waves with starngers and chatting with friends at the grocery store. I will miss walking to the Library and driving down our red bricked Main st. I will miss watching the snow fall for the first time in Winter and seeing the joy on
our kids faces. I will miss the country cooking and Christmas goodies delivered to our door.
There is so much to be thankful for in every season of our lives and I will always be thankful for this Season here in Medicine Lodge. You all will be greatly missed in so many ways. God is good and we are grateful!

No comments:
Post a Comment