Our church's Womens Bible Study just started up a week ago and I have been so blessed to be able to attend their monday night meetings. We are studying the book of Hebrews which is one of my favorite books. I have not done an indepth study of it though since Bible College. Calvary Vista is very blessed with some very gifted and annointed women who help in teaching this study along with their Pastors wife. We also meet in groups and I have been so amazed at the deep and genuine passion for Christ in the women here. I know I have alot to glean and am excited to get to know them.
Something the Lord spoke to me this week was about the danger of drifting from Christ. It is something that happens gradually and unnoticed until one is in great danger. And something the speaker shared on monday was that we tend to drift when we are too focused on our selves and our currcustances. I know this has been true for me, I have had so many doubts and questions about the why's of life and have not just been still and at peace with the fact that He is God and He is GOOD! And that he promised that all things WILL work together for those who love God and are called according to HIS purpose. I have been so emotional lately, so focused one me, me, me! And all the time Jesus is saying, Look at Me, focus on Me, I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No matter how far we drift, we only need to look up and we are right back in His arms again. We serve a GOOD God. How can we see what Christ has sufffered and what he persevered through and say, sorry, this is just too hard for me, when His strength and ressurection life dwells in us. My bestest most faithful friend gave me a verse that spoke to me exactly what I needed to hear. I will end with it. Please, if you feel yourself drifting, remember the cross, remember what Christ sacrificed to give us salvation, begin to be thankful and not focus on our trials and tribulations.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
No comments:
Post a Comment